Our natural teeth are quite durable. Even when damaged by injury or decay, they can still provide years of proper functionality with a little bit of support. Dental crowns can provide that support by capping your tooth with a new, sturdy surface. They also shield your tooth from further damage and prevent sensitivity caused by exposed vulnerabilities. A dental bridge goes a step further by replacing a missing tooth with a dental crown supported by neighboring teeth.
If you suffer from a damaged or missing tooth and would like to learn if a dental crown or bridge is right for you, please contact Abraza Dental & Braces today online or at 702-456-0005 to schedule a consultation. We welcome patients from Las Vegas, Henderson and throughout Clark County, Nevada.
Dental crowns cover your natural tooth like a cap, providing a new surface and increased stability. Crowns are more comprehensive alternatives to dental fillings for correcting a number of common tooth problems. Crowns are often ideal solutions for issues such as:
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Teeth that have root canal therapy
- Severely worn teeth
- Teeth that have extensive decay
- Oddly shaped teeth
- Severe stains
- Large fillings that are failing
Every patient is unique, which is why we offer a variety of dental crowns to accommodate your specific needs and budget:
- Porcelain: Dental porcelain is a glass-like ceramic that contains no metal. By itself, dental porcelain is brittle, but when it is bonded to your tooth it is hard, durable and natural looking.
- Porcelain fused to metal (PFM): PFM crowns combine an attractive ceramic coating with a metal substructure. While they typically look good, these crowns are more opaque than natural tooth enamel, and the porcelain can be dislodged from the substructure after extreme wear.
- Metal: Our metal crowns are primarily gold or zirconium. These crowns are effective and durable, but more noticeable.
When you lose a tooth, it is important to quickly fill the resulting gap. When spaces are left open, surrounding teeth no longer have the support of the lost tooth and gradually begin to shift, causing problems with your bite and oral health.
A dental bridge is a fixed prosthetic device that can fill gaps left by missing teeth. A dental bridge is a sturdy appliance that involves an artificial tooth supported by two crowns encasing the neighboring teeth. A bridge may be an appropriate option if you need to:
- Replace one or more missing teeth
- Prevent shifting of teeth
- Replace a removable partial with a permanent fixed appliance
- Restore speech or chewing functions
- Maintain facial shape or appearance
- Are not able to get dental implants
Contact Abraza Dental & Braces Today
If you need an affordable reconstructive dentistry procedure performed by a highly-trained, experienced dentist, contact us today online or at 702-456-0005 to determine if a dental crown or dental bridge is best for you. Our Las Vegas office serves patients from Henderson and throughout Clark County, Nevada.